Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

We've been busy lately! We went to Gardner Village on 10/21.
They had a fun "Witch Hunt" we did. We got a list of all the witches around the village and we had to write down where they were located. Then we got a free cookie for our efforts. Daphne had fun discovering all the witches and what they were doing.

On Wednesday we had a playgroup Halloween Party.
We paraded around the church and then decorated cookies. Daphne always has a lot of fun with her buddy Jack (the pirate).

My mom sent a box of goodies the other day. She sent out some fun Halloween projects and some costumes I wore in dance recitals as a kid. My sister sent some hats that she made for the kids. They turned out pretty cute!


Daphne later decided that she was going to mail herself to Grammie's house.
Last night we carved our pumpkins. Andrew got creative in the method of designing. He put the pumpkins on a stool in front of our projector and projected the image onto the pumpkin so he could trace it. I have to say, it turned out pretty well! Joseph did one too, but it fell down and got smashed. :( This is Daphne's...

Andrew's is an Aztec sun god. I think.
I told Andrew I wanted to make mine however I wanted and he couldn't say anything. Then I carved it in secret... I wanted something different this year.

Daphne had so much fun tonight! We all went out for about an hour then Joseph got hungry so I went home with him while Andrew and Daphne stayed out for another hour. She wanted to go longer, but she started making Andrew carry her bucket so he said if she didn't carry it they were done. She decided she was tired so they came home. She passed out the remaining candy to the last of the Trick-or-Treaters then called it a night. Now for the moment you've all been waiting for! Here is our happy Halloween Family! Someone said that it looked like Daphne was the bride I picked up after the war. So Joseph would be the giraffe I caught in the jungle and Andrew is a mormon...


Daphne's costume is one that I wore in a dance recital when I was probably 4 or 5. Aren't they just so cute?!



There you are! All caught up on the happenings of the Hill family! We hope you had a fun Halloween!

2 comments:

Steffani said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween! I love Daphne's costume and the last picture of Joseph, his smile is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE PUMPKIN! I wish I would have done something sweet like that (don't get me wrong, mine was sweet). Was it supposed to be a lobotomy experiment?