... how ya'll doin'? I've been somewhat absent from the blogging world. In case you haven't noticed. I have actually been enjoying my life and family this past month. (Has it really been a month!?!) Oops. We haven't been doing anything terribly exciting or going on any grand adventures. We've just been hanging out together and enjoying each other's company.
I've been trying to spend more one-on-one time with Daphne. We've started doing a school book; learning to write her letters and numbers. She REALLY enjoys it so I've been trying to have different activities and projects for her/us to do everyday. It's been a lot of fun and now I am considering starting a preschool next fall. She is also so excited for her birthday. She keeps asking if her birthday is tomorrow or next week. I'll have to come up with something fun for her party!
Andrew and I have decided that we need to start dating again. The last real date we went on was over 2 years ago. We watched a show the other day that defines a date as: going out for 3-4 hours, no shopping, no talking about kids, work, money, no nagging on each other, (there were a few more, but I can't remember). Basically, go out and have fun together! So we went bowling and it really was fun. The trick now is going to be trying to have a fun date while spending little or no money! If you have any cheap date ideas, please share!!
Joseph is 7 months old. Wow! Just this last Sunday he decided to start commando-crawling and sitting up by himself! He's been sitting supported since 5 1/2 months. But now he does it all by himself. He also LOVES solid food. I make all his food and so far his favorites are sweet potatoes, oatmeal and every fruit. He just had Chicken and Rice with peas and carrots and he really liked it! He also has 2 bottom teeth and I think that he has more coming in on top. He is a super happy baby and pretty chill most of the time. When he gets tired, he starts really talking and yelling. The only time he cries is when he wakes up and wants someone to come get him.
We moved the kids in the same room and Andrew moved his office upstairs (it's pretty cold in the basement so he moved up to warmer climates). The room sharing took about a week of transition, but now they sleep just fine. Again. That was a hard week. When Joseph would cry, Daphne would wake up and call out for us to come tuck her in again. I finally told her that if Joseph cried, she just needed to let me come take care of him and she needed to roll over and go back to sleep. Why did I not tell her that earlier?! It's been quiet nights ever since!
Speaking of quiet nights, I am going to go to bed now. Even though I have been terrible at posting, I love reading your blogs! Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives! I'll post pictures soon!
3 comments:
Family is the best way you can spend your time. Good luck with the dates. It's hard when the kids are still little enough to need a babysitter. We didn't date much then either. Now that I have one old enough to watch the others it's a lot easier.
We've even sent the kids downstairs, made them think we were leaving and then snuck into our room and locked the door with a movie and food. We were able to talk and play and watch a movie and it was totally free. (or free except the babysitter, in your case.) And it was pretty fun to play sneaky.
*hugs*
Is Daphne going to turn 4 this year? or is it 3 I am bad I don't remember. I can't believe Joseph has teeth already! Wow time flies. Abigail has no sign of any yet. I love to hear you are dating again. We need to do the same. Devin "asked" me on a date for Saturday night. Now we just have to find something to do. I like your date rules. I would have to agree but Devin and I do like to shop once in a while as long as it's fun shopping and not grocery shopping. I like to go on walks with Devin or a hike (when it's not so cold). In the winter you have to get creative. We play Wii after the kids go to bed or watch a movie and have popcorn. I like the bowling idea. FUN!
Beth,
I could see you doing preschool. Daphne is so smart. Catherine wants to read, but not really write. She just likes writing the letter "C" for her name. Let me know if you are going to have a party for Daphne. We would love to come.
Life gets busy. But it's so nice to be able to keep track of how you are all doing. You will always be our friends.
Post a Comment