Sunday, March 1, 2009

8 Months and Being Polite

8 months old and so sick! Poor guy has a mystery illness that we will be looking into more thoroughly tomorrow. He has an awful cough, runny nose (it's clear so no infection yet), flushed cheeks and drooling non-stop. We thought it could be teeth, but there are no signs of them anywhere. Maybe I'm being retarded and not seeing something obvious. We'll find out tomorrow!

Daphne has started an interesting *habit*. A few weeks ago she started calling me "Momma". Normally it's Mommy. Then last week it turned into "Mother". I had no clue where it came from. Then today she came home from church with a paper that says, "Daphne loves her Father". Guess what Daddy's name is now? She has obviously learned about Mothers and Fathers at church. To top it off, when she asks for something she says, "May I please have ..." as she is clasping her hands together in a pleading manner. It's quite hilarious and an almost annoying way. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Natée said...

Hey Beth- Your new blog layout is very festive and sparkly. I like it!

Your kids are so stinkin' cute. Every so often Roxy starts calling me "Momma" too and I have to chuckle. It sounds so redneck to me. I have no idea where she picked it up. She still will not call Dan "dad". He doesn't care that she calls him by his first name, so it probably shouldn't bother me either.

I hope your little one gets feeling better.