Yesterday was the COOLEST day EVER!!! Daphne is amazing!
She was working in her school book and we were reviewing letters and sounds. We did "L". The page had her find and color all the pictures that started with "L". One was a truck. She was having a hard time with the "T" sound (she was saying "chruck"). So I wrote the word and was trying to get her to say the "T" sound. Then she wanted me to write the words for all the pictures. One of the pictures was "lasso". She didn't know what it was so I wrote it down and had her sound it out. It took her a minute because she wasn't familiar with the word, but she READ it!!!!! Andrew walked in as she was working on it and when she got it I totally started crying. We gave her big hugs and clapped and cheered and she had the biggest smile on her face!! It was the coolest thing ever! She recognized the next one, but didn't know "vest". So I wrote it down and had her sound it out again. She got it faster this time and again was SO excited!!
I took her out for ice cream and then went to the library and got some simple reader books for her to practice with. When we were on our way to get ice cream she told me that she got an ice cream because she is so smart and read the word "lasso". :) I love that girl!!
3 comments:
That is so fun! Keep the reading really fun and she will love it. Sounds like you will do just that! Way to go Beth you are the amazing one!
Beth, Thank you SO much for the yummy cupcakes. We all enjoyed every last crumb. You are very talented!!! I'd love to know how you made them :)
How exciting! She is a smart girl :)
Post a Comment