Monday, August 2, 2010
A Journal Moment
Joseph and Daphne now share a room in preparation for the new arrival. We also gave him the toddler bed. Just get the transition over with now. Well, Joseph has been terrorizing Daphne every night. He is apparently enjoying the freedom of no crib and that there is someone else in the room now. So he turns on the lights and jumps on Daphne's bed and just causes lots of trouble. The first week we made the transition, it was Daphne we were having a hard time with. She has never liked crying babies, so every night we would tell her to face the other way and do her best to ignore him. She has gotten so much better. The other night Joseph was really on one and she came out crying that she didn't want to go back in the room. In the beginning we didn't want to put her in our room, because she needed to get used to the new arrangement. But now that he was causing the trouble we felt like it was OK that she sleep in our bed until he calmed down. We've been doing that for about a week now. Last night Andrew got Daphne's blanket and pillow and put her to bed in our room. Joseph realized what was happening and started crying that he wanted "Nanny". He was still crying after about 15 minutes, so I went upstairs to see what was wrong. He had all his blankets, his pillow, stuffed animals and his sippy cup (in his mouth) trying desperately to hold it all. I put him back in bed and tried to calm him down. He finally said "Nanny" and I asked if he wanted Daphne to come back. He nodded. So I told him that if Daphne came back he needed to stay in bed or she would leave again. He said "tay" (OK) and settled down. So I had Daphne go back into her bed and reminded Joseph he needed to stay in bed. I didn't hear a word from either of them for the rest of the night. My cute little Buddy just wanted his sister. I love my kids and I'm so glad they love each other!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL (just like mommy) and this story is so cute! Can't wait to hear more about baby!
Darling Beth! Congrats! So glad she is here!
Post a Comment