Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Daphne's Getting Married! In about 15 years, apparently.
Yesterday Daphne told us that she had a dream that she got married when she was 20. Andrew asked her if she knew who she married. She said "I don't know who he was, but he was in the weeds." That's when I lost it, and could not stop laughing. Andrew clarified "He was 'in' the weeds?" "Yes, he was in the weeds." Daphne replied. "Are you sure he wasn't 'on' the weed?" Andrew jokingly asked, of course the pun was well over Daphne's head, but I thought it was funny. Andrew then asked to Daphne "What was he doing in the weeds?" "He was picking them." "Did you know his name?" "No, he was just picking weeds!" Andrew then conceded "Well at least we know he's a hard worker!" Daphne then showed us a colored picture she drew of her wedding dress that she wore in the dream. Andrew thought it looked a bit too 'flower child' to be a proper dress. So to my future weed-picking son-in-law, welcome to the family, you hippie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is awesome! Daphne is so sweet. Thanks for the early-morning laugh.
What a cute story! She'll love reading that when she's older! :)
Hey Beth! Thanks for the comment about the gourds. It looks like congratulations are in order for the new baby! Way to go! 3 is when I realized I only had 2 hands, and another set would have come in handy. Good luck!!
Lisa Clawson
Beth, that is hilarious! I love laughing out loud and this sure did it for me :) Thanks for sharing.
Oh my goodness! That gave me such a good laugh. It was so cute and funny. We miss Daphne!
Post a Comment