Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today has been eventful

Juliette made a break for it in the middle of her diaper change. Seeing her cute little bum running to the kitchen made me smile. Then she peed on the floor. As I was running to cover her naked tush, Joseph excitedly ran into the kitchen to show me the cool new Lightning McQueen ball he found. Guess where he ran? Yup! Right into the puddle. He slipped and fell. When I told him we needed to go change he said, "Why, it's not my pee!" And that's why my floor got mopped and kids were bathed at 7 am.

I attempted to save me some work on Thanksgiving by making the rolls today. I love my recipe and they always turn out perfectly. Except for today. I haven't a clue as to why, but they were BLACK on the bottom and nicely golden on top. That has never happened before. I just baked bread two days ago and they came out fine.

After the roll disappointment, I ran to the store to score an awesome deal on a Christmas turkey (already got the Thanksgiving one) and some other needed items. I loaded all the kids into the cart and headed inside and suddenly realized I locked my purse in the car. With my keys. And my phone. My hide-a-key disappeared long ago, so I walked to customer service and called Andrew. Five times. I figured he didn't recognize the number, so I called his brother to see if he could get a hold of him. He called 50 times. Adam called me back at the store and told me he would go over to my house. I then remembered Andrew lost his keys. The ones with the only other car key on it. At that point I figured I may as well do the shopping because I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. The kids were less than cooperative and of course they didn't want to go to the playland today, so that made it more fun. I called Andrew at the end of shopping to hear that the Lord answered his prayer and that he was on his way with his keys. By the time he arrived, the kids had completely melted down (Joseph needed a BAG of suckers and Daphne needed make-up) and we quickly checked out. Good news is I saved over 50% on all my groceries and then we went and got pizza.

Came home, fed the kids, saw the burnt rolls and remembered that I still had rolls to make. Hopefully these turn out better or I will be back at the store tomorrow.

How was your day?

No comments: