Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progress

Day 5 of the Bottle Battle. Yesterday actually went much better than expected. Tuesday he fought for about 30 minutes before giving in. Yesterday was only about 5! I again *deprived* him of his morning nap so he'd be too exhausted to really fight and it worked. I tried giving it to him before bedtime but he started really fighting again. I think I may unintentionally be teaching him that bottle time is at 12pm, so we'll have to change things up every now and then so we don't get stuck in a rut. The point of having a bottle is so I can leave and he'll take it at any time during the day!

Today went even better. I kept him on his normal schedule and then offered him the bottle when he woke up. He did his usual clamped mouth and turned his head away, but I gently stuck my finger in his mouth to pry it open and get the bottle in. He pushed it out a bit, but then took it quite easily. I can't tell you how excited I am that this hasn't taken nearly as long as I thought it would!!! I think tomorrow I'm going to give it to him at his 4pm feeding to help him learn that bottle time isn't just at noon. Here's hoping!!!

1 comment:

overlyactive said...

Good for you!! Parenting is not easy but this will get easier. I've been thinking that if we always took the easy way out we would not be happy.