Friday, March 20, 2009

Proper English

I just realized the last 4 posts have been all about Joseph. I love Daphne and don't want her to be left out. :(

Andrew's cousin and boyfriend came and visited from England this week and Daphne has LOVED it! After about 5 minutes she picked up on their accent and had been sporting one of her own. Most words ending in "r" now have an "a" sound. "Comput-a" and "peanut butt-a" are my favorite. It's funny to hear all the other words in "American" and the occasional few in "English". It makes me smile and I don't want to "correct" her. They left today and she has been quite sad. In talking with them, I found out that they paid as much to fly here as it would cost for me and the kids to fly to Ohio to visit my family! How about we all just fly to England!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cute. She is so smart. So, when's her birthday? Are you guys doing anything special for her? Let me know, even if it's just ice cream and cake!

Shimmy Mom said...

I really like when my daughters New York accent still comes out. They'll loose it soon enough. Keep enjoying it while you can. It sounds really cute.

*hugs*

Amber Feller said...

That is so stinkin cute!
Daphne is getting so big!