
Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.
I've always loved this song. I can never sing it without crying. I couldn't have chosen better words for conveying my feelings. I almost feel that if I try to say more, I will just ruin it. Every verse speaks right from my heart. Christ is our Friend. He knows what we are going through and knows exactly how to heal our hearts. We only need to turn to Him and have the faith that He has the power to do so. I know He knows me and I am doing my best to "trust in the Lord with all [my] heart and lean not unto [my] own understanding" (Prov. 3: 5).
1 comment:
I couldn't read that without crying!! It exactly what I needed right now! I have been having really bad anxiety the past couple days, and all I can do is but my faith and trust in the Lord that I can get over this and be ok!
Post a Comment