Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daphne the Birthday Girl!!!

I am in the process of switching computers, so I only have the pictures Andrew sent me.

Daphne turned 5 yesterday and we went to Discovery Gateway for her birthday. It was a lot of fun!
Turning the wheel to turn the big colored gears
Playing the xylophone
The boys working hard!
This is the Kid Sized section of the museum. Joseph is playing in the construction part. Daphne is the the house with kid sized rooms and furniture. There is a market with grocery isles and cash registers. A little gas station and cars they can drive around in. And a farm where you can feed the pretend animals. Lots of fun!
Daphne the rock climber. She made it all the way to the top!
Joseph the tiger star!
Outside is a Life Flight helicopter. Funny thing. On the wall of people who help in an emergency (ie. traffic controller, pilot, paramedic, etc) the picture of the pilot is my childhood best friends' dad.

After the museum Daphne chose to go to McDonalds for dinner. (Mom and Dad got Settebello pizza.) We went home and Daphne opened presents. She got a cute bag, coloring books, and Easter puzzle and Skittles from Nana and Papa. Grammie and Grandpa (and family) gave her an activity book and animal shaped crayons and those cool animal sponges in capsules you dissolve in water. Mom, Dad and Joseph gave her Hello Kitty bath wash, bubble bath, body spray and lotion. Thanks everyone!!


Here's her Hello Kitty cake. Note to self: cakes need all eggs called for. I didn't realize I only put 2 of the 3 in. It is very crumbly... Cooking while pregnant may have undesired results. I think it turned out really cute and it does taste good. You just need to eat it with a spoon.
All in all, a very fun day!

We went to her 5 year dr appointment this morning. She is 40 lbs (58%) and 43 in (61%) tall. She had her eyes checked and has 20/20 vision. She actually had all her shots last year so no more until she's 12!! That was quite an ordeal so I'm glad we don't have to worry about that for a long while.

We have been doing at-home preschool. I highly recommend the UPSTART program. Daphne has learned so much and LOVES it. She is doing really well with her reading, some basic math and loves the science part. She is so excited for school. I told her she starts school when she turns 5 and so she thinks she starts today. Had to re-explain that one. She loves to dance and sing and frequently requests our attention as an audience. She loves being outside and riding her bike. She is friends with everyone who has a dog and loves to pet and play with them. But cats are her absolute favorite! She is very social and will talk to any- and everyone. She really wants to learn the piano, I just need to get going on it. She loves to draw and color and always has a "project" going on. She is a wonderful big sister and is very excited for the new baby (she hopes it's a girl). Her and Joseph have fun and play well together. Mostly. We are so blessed to have Daphne in our family. She is such a joy and we love her so much!!!

Happy Birthday Daphne Gwen!!!

7 comments:

Tahnie said...

I just love Daphne! Happy Birthday! And that cake, I'm super impressed Beth! :)
Make sure and let me know when you find out if your baby is a boy or girl.

Linds Barttels said...

hey we didn't hear you guys were pregnant til the other day- congratulations!!! :) (i'm impressed actually with how good that cake looks- i thought it came from the store!)

Windybrook Spinner said...

If you find a good piano teacher, let me know. I could probably teach her and E the basics together this summer if you wanted.

natalie malan said...

SUCH a cute cake!!!!!! Love it. I bet it was dang good too. Happy Birthday Daphne!!!

overlyactive said...

Is this the new children's museum? It looks so fun. I have pre-registered Samantha for the Upstart program. It looks like a great pre-kindergarten program.

megan said...

wow i am so impressed with that cake! You did an incredible job decorating! I need to work on my cake decorating skills before having kids!

Anonymous said...

She has gotten so big! That Hello Kitty cake is impressive! Can't believe they are 5 this year. Time really does fly. I noticed that Joseph is huge! He is so cute! Happy bday to Daphne from us!