Monday, September 13, 2010

2 Weeks

My sweet little Juliette is 2 weeks old today.  It's sad how fast it goes.  Her 2 week appointment is on Thursday, so we'll see how much she has grown then.

In the meantime, she is such a good baby!  She is a wonderful sleeper.  Sometimes too wonderful.  Our second night home she slept 6 hours.  Even while at the hospital she would go 4-5 hours between feedings.  I would spend an hour trying to wake her up every 3 hours, but to no avail.  Then by the 4th hour her eyes would pop open and she'd be ready to eat!  So I let her dictate her eating habits and it seems to be 3.5-4 hours during the day and 4-5 hours at night.  Hopefully by the time Daphne starts school again at the end of the month Juliette's schedule will be a bit more regular.  It was so nice with Joseph to know when he would eat so I could make appts, go shopping, etc. and know exactly how long I had in between.
















Daphne and Joseph LOVE her.  Daphne has been so excited to have a sister that I knew she would be great.  I was a little unsure how Joseph would react, but he has been so good with her.  I think he is having a hard time with me not being readily available to him, but he's not taking it out on her.  Unless he is tired, whiny, and cranky.  Like the other day when Andrew was holding Joseph and I gave Juliette to Andrew.  Joseph (being in the aforementioned mood), cried "no hold you!" and pushed her away.  It wasn't hard, but now we know to not put him in that situation when he is upset.  Otherwise, he is very soft and likes to give her a binky when she is sad.  He asked to hold her today and he was so gentle.  Then he tried to pick her up by himself.  Good thing I was there to help him!  I'll have to watch him a bit closer now.

Once we worked out the eating issues, she is doing great.  Even after 3 kids, there are still things you forget or need to rework.  But we're doing well.

Thank you to all those who have brought meals in or have watched Daphne and Joseph while I was on bed rest and then since we've been home.  I truly appreciate your love and service.

Now I need to get my house organized and uncluttered.  Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Alisha said...

It IS so sad how fast it goes! I was in the mother's lounge on Sunday with Max & there were 2 new babies in there... and Max looked so HUGE! It breaks my heart. I wish so badly they stayed little longer than they do! She is beautiful-- congrats Beth!

HeartBabyHome said...

She's a cutie!! Glad things are going well. Can't wait to meet her :)
We walked past your house today...but the twins were sick recently so we didn't stop by. Maybe next time ;)
-Nanette

Windybrook Spinner said...

What a beautie! I'm glad Joseph is doing so well with her. E will be so jealous when she realizes Daphne has a little sister.

Emily said...

Congrats Beth, Juliette is a cutie. Daphne look just like you!

Tahnie said...

Beth she's sooo cute! Congrats! I'm glad she's such a good sleeper for you :)

Anonymous said...

Beth, she's beautiful. But all your kids are beautiful. Heck, look at their mom! Joseph has grown so much! Can't believe it. We still miss Daphne. She will always be Catherine's first best friend!

bright family said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful.

Crystal Escobar said...

Aw, she is so dang cute!!!

overlyactive said...

Darling baby! She is so sweet Sorry we will miss seeing you Sunday. Take care and hopefully we can some see you soon! Don't push yourself too hard, three can be a hard transition.